(P2) According to the local media, this is the first time that waterspouts happened in this area. Thankfully, no one dies.
VOCABULARY: storm, waterspouts, destroy, injured, media
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Are there bad storms in your country? If yes, what type of storms?
- Have you ever been in a bad storm? If yes, were you afraid?
- Do you like snow? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Which country had the waterspouts?
- The waterspouts were only out at sea. (T or F)
- Houses were badly damaged. (T or F)
- Only a few people were hurt. (T or F)
- Some people were killed. (T or F)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- at sea (P1)
- move to land (P1)
- according to (P2)
Image source: by”unknown” http://www.bom.gov.au/storm_spotters/handbook/tornadoes_and_other_funnels.shtml